Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Photoshop tutorial : Creating an Awesome Sexy Girl Pic




I decided to write a detailed tutorial about creating process. My main goal was to create a painting which was really detailed. I knew that I wouldn’t be able to do it without a real photograph so I started to look for something that would interest me and make me want to spent a lot of hours painting it in photoshop. And I found a perfect picture on http://img10.picsplace.to/2/yukahanedamaid.jpg . I received a lot of e-mails saying that it's not a big deal to just paint something like this using a real photograph. What can I say, if you don't like it don't look at it or try to do it and you will see how much time it takes to create it like I did.


Tools

For this work I used Adobe Photoshop CS2 and Wacom Intuos 3 tablet. My hardware spec were: P4 3GHz, 2GB RAM, Quadro FX 1100 graphic card, 17” LCD.


Preparation 

I had to decide with what resolution I want to work. For me 1800x1148 was enough space to work with details I needed to create for this work. 


Sketch
I start with creating a sketch in order to define the shapes, which will be later filled in with colours . I will use the following brush settings: 

Click image for larger view


I like keeping everything simple so I will use these brush settings through the whole creating process. I will just change brush hardness and having the sketch done sketch I will turn off “Shape Dynamics”. Later I will explain why I'm using “Pen Pressure Control” for “Opacity Jitter” and “Flow Jitter” in “Other Dynamics”.

Now I will start sketching the layout..

Click image for larger view


Click image for larger view


Outlining, coloring and shading 

Having created basic shapes I start to put rough color inside.

Click image for larger view

Instead of focusing on one particular detail I prefer to work on the entire image. For that reason, there is a bit of color everywhere. 

Click image for larger view

At this point, let me explain my choice of “Pen Pressure Control” for “Opacity Jitter” and “Flow Jitter” in “Other Dynamics”. Basically, with those settings I can easily achieve a nice color blending. Using only “Pen Pressure Control” for “Opacity Jitter” it's much harder to achieve nice transitions between colors. Here are some examples of the effects that I have achieved.


Using “Pen Pressure Control” for “Opacity Jitter” and “Flow Jitter” transitions are much smoother to achieve with less brush strokes:

Apart from the above, there are really no more tricks; just a lot of patience, close examining of the real photograph and painting, painting and once again painting. 

Let's come back to filling image with colors:

Click image for larger view

 I still have my sketch visible on the top layer to get filled all shapes:


Click image for larger view

 At this point I am going to turn off the sketch layer and start working only with color, shading and highlights:


Click image for larger view

 I slowly shape the image by adding shadows and highlights:


Click image for larger view

This time, I am going to add more details in the hair area: 

Click image for larger view


Then, I will pass on to the face area:


Click image for larger view


Now I am going to work a bit on the background (right curtain):


Click image for larger view


Left curtain and bed:


Click image for larger view


A bit of work on foreground sheet:


Click image for larger view


Scenery outside the window, front sheet, left arm and hair:


Click image for larger view


Detailing
Having filled the entire image with color, shading and highlights, I can finally move on to detailing. 

Brassiere and dress lace:


Click image for larger view


Dress lace detailing:


Click image for larger view


Left brassiere detailing:


Click image for larger view


Right brassiere:


Click image for larger view


And here comes the final image:


Click image for larger view



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails